In the 1800’s, what we know as Paradise Valley was an open area for cattle grazing. The surveyors for the Rio Verde Canal Company who came to survey the area were so taken by the beauty of this valley, they names it Paradise Valley.
After World War II, Paradise Valley was a rural residential area. The modest homes were built on lots ranging from one to five acres.
When Phoenix and Scottsdale were expanding in the late 1950’s, Paradise Valley Residents began to worry that they would lose their rural lifestyle. The “Citizens for the Incorporation of the Town of Paradise Valley Arizona” was formed by residents. Their main goal was to keep zoning for the area to one house per acre. On May 24, 1961, the Town of Paradise Valley was formed