History shows that upwards of 60% of moves occur throughout the summer. The kids are out of school and the tax refund check is in the bank. This is the time of year when the lawn is green and the flowers are in bloom and moving just seems to make the most sense. In order to capitalize on the summer moving influx, you need to list your home now- in the Spring so those moving this summer will know it will an open option for them.
Here are some strategies for listing your home:
1. Thursday is the best day of the week to list your home. It will be picked up on searches for the weekend with just a few days on the market.
2. Make your home easily accessible. Remember that there are still vacant foreclosure and short sale listings that are readily available for viewing. The more difficult it is to see a home, the more likely that it will be crossed off the buyer’s list.
3. Base your price on comparables, upgrades, and condition. Today’s buyers are sophisticated and will do their homework. Homes listed at fair market value will receive the most showings.
4. Stage your home – de-clutter, make repairs where needed, give your home a thorough cleaning, etc. to put your best foot forward.
5. With the help of your agent, educate yourself on the competition and how your home measures up.
Find more tips on preparing your home to sell, click here.
Do you remember the time of year when you last bought and/or sold a home? Let us know if we are right!
If you are looking to buy, sell, rent, or lease your home, we are here to help! Call James Wehner at 480-323-5462